Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wedding Recap #6: Getting Ready

After only 3 hours of sleep, and already behind an hour on wedding day, I was off to the salon to get my hair and make-up done. While sitting in the salon, I received word for my husband about our cake and how we were actually going to have one. After hearing that news, only having 3 hours of sleep didn't matter anymore. It rained some while we were at the salon getting pampered and pretty, and my bridesmaids were constantly checking the weather on their phones. Almost every weather website predicted rain from 2:00pm-6:00pm, which was the time we had alloted for pictures and the ceremony. If I could make any recommendations or give any advice to future brides, HIRE A DAY-OF COORDINATOR. My DOC was awesome. The day before, I had given her all of the items needed for the ceremony along with a copy of our ceremony, a list of things I wanted her to do and lay-outs on how I wanted everything to look. She took care of everything for me on the day-of and kept us on schedule. I was able to relax and hang out with our bridal party without any stress. It was so nice. I definitely recommend having one!

Also, I want to thank my bridesmaid, Jennifer, for these photos!


My hair was looking pretty funky at first.

I purchased my hair flowers from Etsy for $20. I highly recommend them. I also purchased my garter set from Etsy for $20 as well.

Getting my make-up done. I had never had someone else do my make-up before, so I was quite skeptical and really happy with how it turned out. I don't look too thrilled in this photo, but I was!

All done!

My Maid of Honor working on her speech at the salon, haha!

My Sister-in-law all done and beautified!

Another one of my bridesmaids hanging out.

Haha, another one of my bridesmaids having fun at the salon!

My Maid of Honor finished her speech and then painted her toes on the salon floor. I love her!

Meanwhile, the men were getting dressed at the reception site.

The groomsmen and ushers opening their gifts. We got them pocket knives.

My handsome groom all ready to go!

Back in the hotel room with my ribbon bouquet that my bridesmaid, Jennifer, made for me! I had forgot to bring it to the rehearsal, so I brought it on the day-of to get ready with.

My Mom and my Aunt bringing in my gown!

Putting on the hot pink crinoline.

The sexy pose with my crinny and garter. Everyone LOVED my crinoline. It was totally unexpected and no one had ever seen that before.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You hair turned out gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...