Saturday, March 27, 2010

Invitation Re-Design!

So last week, I was on Excel checking out my guest list for the wedding. I had inserted a formula a while back to count up how many invitations that I needed to make. The total came out to be 39 invitations total. So I made 39 invitations. Well last week, I decided to reprint my guest list and count up by hand how many invites I needed, and I actually need 58 invitations. CRAP. I should have done it that way from the beginning and I still have no idea how Excel came up with 39 invites. So basically, earlier this week, I needed to get started on embossing 20 or so more invites. I was doing them, and was about to start my 5th one when I caught myself looking at them, and I was unhappy. I want to be proud and happy about our invitations. I know they're just going to be thrown away by our guests, but I want to keep a few of them and frame them. I want to look at them 10, 20, 30 years from now, and still love them. So on Wednesday of this week, my fiance and I went out to Hobby Lobby in search of some inspiration. Some things we wanted to keep the same still..

What we kept the same:
  • The hot pink invitation envelope
  • The hot pink RSVP envelope
  • The sand metallic pocketfolds
My fiance actually ended up finding our new inspiration for the invites, which was a flower border paper punch. And now I present, our new invitations!


Honestly, these pictures do them absolutely no justice whatsoever. But in person, they are absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy with them! I feel like this huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders because down deep, I still didn't want to use the other invites, but since I put some much time, money and effort into them.. I was just going to settle. My advice: DON'T SETTLE! Take pride in your work, and be happy with your results. You don't want to have any regrets about your projects. So how do you like them!?

PS. I love how our new paper punch incorporates flowers that are almost identical to the fondant flowers that we are going to create for our cake!

3 comments:

Dognbird said...

They are so great! Good call on the flower punch. You are doing a great job!

The Stay At Home Lawyer said...

I love your invitations. I am also making my own and I was wondering where you purchased your pocket folds?

Lacey said...

Hey Alyssa! I purchased my pocketfolds from cardsandpockets.com!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...