Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vases! Vases! Vases!

In my hometown, we are lucky to have a glass factory that is open to the public, where glass items, candle etc. are sold very cheaply. So my fiance and I made a trip to check out vase possibilities for future DIY projects.

Here is what we came up with (potentially) for centerpiece vases:



I knew I wanted square vases of some sort, but a little taller than my inspiration centerpiece that I found online. So I'm hoping to take these and turn them into something like this:


Next, I plan on displaying a memorial table for loved ones that are no longer with us. I wanted to honor them by making memorial candles for each person. I found these that we plan to frost:



I want to take these small vases and turn them into memorial candles like these:
                                                            http://www.franscandles.com/memorial%20candle%20images/memcansessums1.jpg
The candle will be submerged into the vase, and I will border the picture with ribbon instead.

Lastly, I wanted to find vases to hold single-stemmed gerbera daisies that will be displayed behind the memorial candles. We found these:

I LOVE these! They were 2/$1.00 and so unique. I bought ten of them to line the back side of the memorial table and I want to put a single gerbera daisy in each with colored water. Basically I want to incorporate the ideas below:



Picture

I can't wait to run trials of these and get started!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...