Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wedding Recap #10: Our Reception!

After a long day and night, it was finally time to party! Our reception literally could not have gone any better. When we walked into the reception hall for the first time as a married couple, it was such an amazing feeling. Everyone stood up when we entered and clapped for us, and the cheers probably could have been heard from across town. It was so great to see all of our family and our friends there to support us, as well as to see all of my hard work pay off. All of my DIY projects fit perfectly together in the space, and I was getting compliments all night on the decor. So many guests couldn't believe that all of the decor had been made by me, and all I kept hearing all night was, "That's so Lacey!" It was so nice to get recognition for everything because in the end, it was ALL worth it. Another highlight was when I entered the reception hall, and I caught a glimpse of our cake. I was in total awe. After all of the crap that we had gone through earlier in the day, to have this beautiful wedding cake sitting in front of me was so overwhelming. I had no idea how it was going to turn out at all, and I gave the bakery free reign over the cake since it was so last minute. It was perfect. Check out everything below!

Our get away car! A 1930 Model A, courtesy of my husband's grandfather.

My photographer took this while she was driving!











My Maid of Honor giving her speech. It was amazing. Also, isn't she adorable?

She made us cry.



She caught my toss bouquet!

Then, our nephew caught the garter. HA!

Time to dance!


Overall, after all is said and done.. I give our wedding day a perfect 10. It was everything that I had ever hoped for and ever wanted. Sure we had some problems, but in the end, everything and I mean EVERYTHING worked out. We definitely had someone on our side that day =) It was without a doubt, the best day of my life.. so far!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...